On Oct. 26, 2019, 1DOS Foundation held our first annual Mileage Monsters 5k in Olathe, KS. This was our first hosted 5k, and nearly 150 runners (between in person and virtual) participated. The race was the conclusion of our fall season challenge appropriately named, “Mileage Monsters.” Designed to get people moving, the challenge was a team contest, with each participant setting a weekly intentional mileage goal.
This Olathe 5k is also where we launched our newest Tiburon Titan, the recipient of our 1-year Fitness Scholarship covering some of the following items:
- Comped gym membership with partnered sponsors including Orange Theory Fitness in the Capital Region, NY and Got Em Fit in Olathe, KS
- Nutritional support with access to local partnered Certified Nutritionist Loraine Oberholtzer
- An online support network of likeminded Sharks located across the country through our private Facebook page
- Direct delivery of fresh produce to help cut the costs of eating healthy
- Exercise and training app coverage where appropriate
During our Mileage Monsters 5k in 2019, we launched Angie Batten as our latest sponsee. Between Got Em Fit, the Aaptiv app and on her own, she has done mindful work (exercise, yoga, stretching) every day for the past 351 (and counting) without missing a beat – we could not be more proud of her!